WV WEDDINGS Twice as Nice
D ue to popular demand, WV WEDDINGS Magazine is now be published twice a year—a Fall/Winter issue and a Spring/Summer issue instead of just one annual issue!
See your wedding in the WV WEDDINGS Magazine Wedding Register and become a memorable part of the only statewide collection of real West Virginia weddings.
WV WEDDINGS Magazine now offers only two-page spreads. Several lucky couples will be chosen from the submissions for larger features in our print edition, and one breathtaking photo will become the next WV WEDDINGS cover! All decisions are made by our editorial board after every entry has been submitted.
Couples must be from West Virginia (at least one person) or married in West Virginia to be included in WV WEDDINGS Magazine.
Can’t wait until you’re married? You can now announce your engagement to friends and family across the state in our new Engagement Announcement section in the magazine. Click here for more information and to submit your engagement announcement!
Couples Engaged or Married Between: Feb. 16, 2013 – Aug. 14, 2013
Couples Engaged or Married Between: Aug. 15, 2013 – Feb. 15, 2014
EARLY BIRD REGISTER FEE: $425
Regular Price: $475
The early bird register fee for the Fall/Winter 2014 issue of WV WEDDINGS will go into effect at 9 a.m., Monday, December 9, 2013.
You can register before your wedding date and/or before you have received your photos. We prefer photos come in as soon as possible.
All photos for the Spring/Summer 2014 issue must be submitted by Friday, December 6, 2013.
- Couples will receive two complementary issues of the WV WEDDINGS Magazine in which their wedding appears.
- Pre-order to receive a discount on extra copies of the issue of WV WEDDINGS Magazine to which you have submitted your wedding.
- The person who purchases the submission will receive an e-mailed proof of the spread to approve prior to the magazine’s publication.
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION
Spring/Summer 2014: December 6, 2013
Fall/Winter 2014: June 2, 2014
Refunds for submissions will not be given after 10 days from purchase date.
PHOTO GUIDELINES *Please follow these guidelines to ensure that your images are properly received.
- Submit only 12 images (WV WEDDINGS reserves the right to select 8 photos for design).
- Include a mix of horizontal and vertical photos.
- Include detail shots (bouquet, cake, centerpieces, etc.).
- Provide high-resolution images with file extensions JPG or TIFF (GIF and BMP are NOT acceptable). Photos must be at least 8"x 10" and a minimum of 300 ppi. Pixel resolution should be 3264 x 2448 or 8 megapixels. The original images from your wedding disk should suffice, or please talk with your photographer about acquiring the proper high-resolution files. Resizing images through retouching software causes pixelation, fuzziness, and a lower quality overall. Note: All photos will be converted to CMYK for printing.
- Photos must be clear of all text and watermarks. Photographers WILL get their photo credits in the article.
- Label each photo according to MaidenName_NewLastName. (For example, if Jessica Smith and Brian Miller are submitting, submit like this: Smith_Miller001.jpg.)
- You may submit up to 5 additional images for cover consideration. Size them at 11x14 inches or larger at 300 ppi or higher and label them accordingly. (i.e. Smith_Miller_Cover001.jpg or Smith_Miller_Cover002.jpg).
Attention parents, grandparents, bridesmaids, aunts—anyone! Give your bride and groom the gift that lasts a lifetime—a submission to the Spring/Summer 2014 Wedding Register!